This five-day course will present an integrated approach to road safety, based on good examples from European countries, with ample networking and knowledge exchange opportunities.
- road safety indicators
- education and awareness raising
- the European framework
- risk groups
- national and international strategies
- data-driven policy
Who should attend?
The European Road Safety Summer School 2019 is intended for professionals dealing with road safety and mobility issues and wanting to expand their knowledge and expertise in this field: staff at national, regional or local authorities, road safety interest groups, police, spatial planning and road infrastructure departments, members of consultation committees, engineering offices, public transport, road administrations, researchers….
26.08.2019 – 30.08.2019
- Entire course (5 days): € 575 (if you book before 30 June 2019, after you pay € 640)
- Monday 26 August 2019: € 95
- Tuesday 27 August 2019: € 150
- Wednesday 28 August 2019: € 150
- Thursday 29 August 2019: € 150
- Friday 30 August 2018: € 95
Included: all activities mentioned in the programme: excursions (and transport to and from), lunches, dinner on Monday and Wednesday, drinks and snacks during the breaks
Excluded: travel and accomodation costs
- ETSC and Polis members: a 15% discount (€ 540)
- Students: a 30% discount (€ 448)
Register on time
You can register until 14 July 2019.
On Wednesday (28.08.2019) we will do a bycicle tour in Hasselt. Therefore, all participants should be able to ride a bike.
Hotel accommodation in Mechelen
Mechelen has a choice of fine hotels and B&B’s, see here for an overview.