This five-day course will present an integrated approach to road safety, based on good examples from European countries, with ample networking and knowledge exchange opportunities.
- road safety indicators
- education and awareness raising
- the European framework
Who should attend?
Professionals dealing with road safety and mobility issues and wanting to expand their knowledge and expertise in this field: staff at national, regional or local authorities, road safety interest groups, police, spatial planning and road infrastructure departments, members of consultation committees, researchers….
Official course for road safety auditors
This summerschool is recognized as an official training course for road safety auditors under the following conditions:
- Participation day 3: 4 hours approved;
- Participation entire course: 6 hours approved if you attend day 1, day 2 and day 3;
- To obtain these training hours, you are not allowed to use training hours that you have acquired during a participation in the previous edition of the Summer School.
Important: registrations are now closed. If you didn’t get in, make sure you are ready next edition.
26.08.2019 – 30.08.2019
- Entire course (5 days): € 640
- Monday 26 August 2019: € 95
- Tuesday 27 August 2019: € 150
- Wednesday 28 August 2019: € 150
- Thursday 29 August 2019: € 150
- Friday 30 August 2018: € 95
Included: all activities mentioned in the programme: excursions (and transport to and from), lunches, dinner on Monday and Wednesday, drinks and snacks during the breaks
Excluded: travel and accomodation costs
- ETSC and Polis members: a 15% discount (€ 540)
- Students: a 30% discount (€ 448)
On Wednesday (28.08.2019) we will do a bycicle tour in Hasselt. Therefore, all participants should be able to ride a bike.
Hotel accommodation in Mechelen
Mechelen has a choice of fine hotels and B&B’s, see here for an overview.